Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Getting Older

It seems like once I turned forty, my health started slowly declining. Or rather, it takes longer to heal. When I fell skiing in February, I tore my meniscus and sprained my ACL. I'm still recovering from it. Probably because once the PT signed off on my recovery, I started running again and overdid it. But still...

Now, I have an inflamed arm and hand, tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel. Wham! All at once, and it's not fun at all. Here are the two really pain-in-the-butt inconveniences:

1. No ukulele. For months, I've practiced a song for open mic, which occurs next month. I could probably play the song, but then spend the rest of the evening massaging my hurting hand and arm. Is it worth the pain? Maybe.

2. Interrupted sleep. The pain in my arm and hand wakes me up every night. Then, I spend an hour trying to fall asleep again. Argghh. I love sleeping. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

I'm also editing the sequel to my book. Typing doesn't help my hand heal. So, I guess I'll have to find something else to do while I heal.

Any suggestions? Harass Yam the cat? Watch TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment