Sunday, September 07, 2014

Song Camp and Sisters Folk Festival

Song Camp is my favorite catering gig of the year. This year was even better because my friend, Lori, came down from Alaska to work with me. She brought her awesome enthusiasm and inspired me to stay up late and go big.

What do I mean? Well, it's hard work. Every night after dinner, I just want to take off my shoes and lay in bed. I'm always on breakfast duty, so I need my rest. But, each night after dinner, it's open mic. So, Lori and I cheered everyone on at open mic until late. You can never tell what someone will sound like until they get up and sing. I love being blown away by their performances.

If you haven't heard of Song Camp, let me tell you about it. Musicians come and mentor camp attendees for a week in songwriting, stage presence, technology, and more. It's ah-mazing. We feed them good food all week. The saying is "the music is great at food camp." This year, there were 150 folks, gorgeous weather, and sleep deficit all around.

https://www.sistersfolkfestival.org/americana-song-academy/

We receive a free pass to the Sisters Folk Festival. In the past, I generally make it there one day, but I'm too tired to go all three days. This year, I went two days. All day. In fact, we didn't get home until 1 a.m. both nights. See what I mean about going big?

I encourage you to check out the festival line up. There are a few pics below, but I didn't see everyone. https://www.sistersfolkfestival.org/

Blue Lake.

Snake!

Lunch buffet

Steve Poltz. I love him. I love him. I love him.

Whipped cream for gingerbread.

Kitchen serenade

Natasha and Lori. Time to jump in. One of the coldest lakes in OR.

Benjy and Will

Me!

Head down.

Nice reflection! I dove/jumped in four times.

Grammy-nominated Eric Bibb

The Hot Nut Riveters

Anna Tivel

Shakey Graves. I love him. I love him. I love him.

Barnaby Bright

Heather Maloney and Darlingside
My three favorite sets:
1. Steve Poltz
2. Shakey Graves
3. Darlingside
3. Eric Bibb

Tie between Darlingside and Eric Bibb. If you have a moment, check them all out. Everyone is on tour right now, so they may come to your hometown.

I'm exhausted. Beyond exhausted, yet totally hyper. I want to sleep, but I can't. Still high from this week's work, fun, and excitement.

Gotta go! Just bought some of their music, so I need to hit play and dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment